- “Once far too heavy for him to lift, Toby very cleverly has Vendel trap the anti-gravity curse into the warhammer, making it light enough to hoist into the air. Unfortunately, the density of the warhammer is unpredictable, but over time, Toby learns to master the art of wielding its crushing blows.”
- ―The Art of Trollhunters
The Warhammer is Toby's primary weapon of choice.
In "Airheads", Toby grows jealous that Claire gets to possess a magical weapon like Jim. Wanting his own weapon as well, he finds the Warhammer in the Forge's weapons wall, though it was initially too heavy for him to wield.
Luckily, after Vendel traps a gravity curse into the Warhammer, he can now wield it with almost no strain, though he still had problems cooping with its new gravity-changing abilities. Gradually, as the series progressed, he gains better control over his choice of weapon.
The Warhammer is made of smooth light orange crystal with some deep orange coloring in the centre. The crystal is translucent and the outline of the staff can be seen. One side is uneven and jagged. The other side is flat and has some golden engraving on it.
It is mounted on a long staff which continues into the head of the hammer and comes out on the other side as three sharp spikes.
- Gravitational Switch: The Warhammer's main ability is changing the amount of gravity pulling on itself, to either become very light or very heavy, as a result of a curse being placed inside of it. Its great weight makes it a weapon of great destructive power when used correctly. When being used, it has a fiery glow.
- Portable Form: After seeing Toby having some difficulties wielding the warhammer, Blinky made some modifications in it so that it could assume a more portable pocket shape.
- Unpredictability (occasionally): At first, Toby was having trouble adjusting to his warhammer's ability as it often becomes heavy and light without warning. Luckily, as the series progresses, Toby gains better control of his weapon.
- Heaviness (formerly): At first, the warhammer was way too heavy for Toby to even lift. After transferring the gravity curse into it, Toby is able to wield it perfectly (sort of, at least).
|Appearances in the Trilogy|
- Toby's Warhammer somewhat loosely resembles Thor's hammer Mjølnir from Marvel.
- Toby's warhammer was shown able to deflect Neurometer Blasts in "Ill Gotten Gains".