|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officially on-screen.|
Facing serious accusations from the Tribunal, Jim gets the chance to see what his life would be like if he'd never found the amulet.
Facing serious accusations from the Tribunal for his actions, Jim is sent back in time by Unkar for a chance to see what his life would have been like if he had never found the amulet, and Draal is the Trollhunter. At first, Jim loves his new peaceful life, but it takes a turn for the worse. Can Jim get his life back and face up to his mistakes? Or will the world be doomed?
- Kelsey Grammer as Blinky
- Anton Yelchin as Jim Lake Jr.
- Charlie Saxton as Toby Domzalski
- Lexi Medrano as Claire Nuñez
- Jonathan Hyde as Mr. Strickler
- Fred Tatasciore as AAARRRGGHH!!!/Señor Uhl
- Clancy Brown as Gunmar
- Guillermo Del Toro as Dr. Muelas
- Amy Landecker as Barbara Lake
- Anjelica Huston as Queen Usurna
- Melanie Paxson as Gladys Groe
- Ron Perlman as Bular
- Cole Sand as Eli Pepperjack
- Yara Shahidi as Darci Scott
- Wallace Shawn as Unkar
- Lauren Tom as Nomura
- David Bradley as Merlin
- Victor Raider-Wexler as Vendel
- Frank Welker as Goblins
- Matthew Waterson as Draal
- Thomas F. Wilson as Coach Lawrence
- Steven Yeun as Steve Palchuk
- This marks Merlin's first appearance in the series (albeit as a spirit).
- Bular briefly returns in this episode.
- It is revealed that if Draal became the Trollhunter, he would’ve failed in stopping Bular and been turned to stone.
- Of course, this also proves that Draal has always been worthy to wield the mantle of Trollhunter all along, even if Jim found it before him or not.
- This episode is a parody of It's a Wonderful Life, which has been parodied in various films and television shows for years.
- Title: "Unbecoming" is both a reference to Jim losing his status as Trollhunter (thus him not becoming the Trollhunter) and as a variation of the pilot episode(s) title "Becoming: Part 1 and 2" when Jim first became the Trollhunter. Also, "unbecoming" means behavior ill-suited. It is unbecoming of Jim to give into despair and want to abandon his duty as Trollhunter.