|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officially on-screen.|
The Troll Tribunal was a council of Troll leaders who looked after the well-beings of trollkind, as well as keep Gunmar from escaping the Darklands (until Team Trollhunters unintentionally released him to rescue Jim).
It's currently unknown how or when the Troll Tribunal was founded.
For the majority of Part Two, the Tribunal was one of Team Trollhunters' major obstacles in their goal of finding the now-released Gunmar, thanks to Queen Usurna pointing accusations directly towards Jim Lake Jr. for entering the Darklands alone and releasing the Skullcrusher.
After Usurna assassinates Vendel and falsely exiles Jim into the Deep, Usurna gains control and respect from the residence of Trollmarket, at least until she reveals her true nature by presenting Gunmar to all of Trollmarket.
The Troll Tribunal was ultimately destroyed after this act of betrayal and fear of Gunmar.
- Vendel, representative of Heartstone Trollmarket †
- Usurna, representative of the Krubera Caverns (betrayed) †
- Gatto, representative of the Volcanic Mountains (formerly)
- Wumpa, representative of the Quagawump Marshlands (formerly)
- Bork, representative of an unknown tribe †
- Despite Team Trollhunters playing a crucial part in releasing Gunmar, it can be argued that the Tribunal are just as (if not more) responsible for Gunmar's escape. Their actions were largely made out of their fear of Gunmar and their skepticism of their first human Trollhunter, which allowed themselves to be blindly manipulated by the traitorous Queen Usurna (minus Vendel, of course, who was the only sane member and had his suspicions of her real loyalties).
- They foiled Jim's first attempt at escaping the Darklands which lead to him being captured by the Gumm-Gumms, thus unleashing a chain of events that would eventually lead to the Skullcrusher's inevitable freedom.
- Due to Usurna's influence and manipulation, the Tribunal members decide to waste time blaming Jim instead of focusing on how to rid Gunmar once and for all if they were so worried about the fate of their world. Because of this, Gunmar uses this time to sneak into Trollmarket until Usurna banishes Jim into the Deep.
- Plus, Jim has unlocked the only weapon capable of killing Gunmar, the Sword of Eclipse, something that his predecessors have never accomplished in a millennia. So they at least had one advantage over the Skullcrusher (only to still be constantly blind-sighted by Usurna).