|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officialy on-screen.|
The Skathe-Hrün, more commonly known as The Shadow Staff, was a magical weapon capable of opening portals to other places and creating a shadow over the users, as well as Claire's choice of weapon.
Created by Morgana, it was in possession of Angor Rot until it was taken by Claire in "The Shattered King" and used it as her weapon of choice. This was later given to Stricklander to hold open a portal long enough for them to free Claire‘s spirit from Morgana.
As the creator, the staff was originally bonded to Morgana. However, in "The Exorcism of Claire Nunez", it‘s connection with Morgana was severed by Claire.
- Shadow Realm Portals: The Shadow Staff utilizes the negative emotions of its user to open inter-dimensional shadow portals through the Shadow Realm. When being used, the turns completely black.
- Teleportation: The staff's portals can connect very distant places. In the case the user does not know where their destination is, they can not open a portal unless they have an individual with whom the user possesses some emotional link so that it acts as an "emotional anchor".
- Shadow Generation: The staff can also create a shadow over the user, allowing trolls to walk through sunlight.
- Portable Form: The staff can fold into a pocket-sized stick.
- Shadow Staff Reclaiming/Controlling Spell [Azazazuth-Kinekh-Thoon]: This this spell, the Shadow Staff can be controlled and/or reclaimed if the user ever loses possession.
- Incapable of Dimensional Travel: Even so, the portals are not able to cross between dimensions, since Blinky affirmed that it could not be used to enter the Darklands.
- Exhaustion: As mentioned by Claire, making portals is very exhausting, and the more portals that are created, the more exhausting it becomes.
- Corruption: Excessive use of staff power can cause the user to be corrupted by its dark magic and possessed by Morgana. This happened to Claire of Part Two in Trollhunters, when she created a giant portal to rescue the inhabitants of Heartstone Trollmarket. It can also kill the user if used excessively.