Serrators are ionic-type of technological weapons Akiridions commonly use for fighting offensively and defensively.
It's unknown who first originally invented the serrator, only that they were built to protect Akiridions from any potential danger. According to Aja in "Ill Gotten Gains", the serrators were created to restore peace to theirs and planets in the universe, not to cause bloodshed.
Unactivated, it looks like an ordinary blue protractor, which was lampshaded once by Steve.
While in use, it's a deadly weapon, if used by the wrong person, it can cause serious damage. It can turn into a holographic sword, blade, blaster, two-pronged spear and shield made of ionic energy.
Serrators are ionic-energy-based weapons that are capable of serious damage. They can easily form into a nearly impenetrable shield (which can take any shape or form), a blaster, a swordblade, and a two-pronged spear for combat.
In Part Two, Krel upgraded Aja's, Varvatos's, and his own serrator with portable transduction so that they can be able to switch between their Akiridion and human forms at will, and without worrying about the effects wearing off.
Krel has also made Aja's serrator stronger so it can help her defeat more powerful foes. For example, it now has an ionic boomerang, which can blast foes back as it shoots a very powerful shot and the shots can come back to the blaster.
Because it's an ionic energy weapon, it's easily defeated by Area 49-B's high tech blasters. However, as of Part Two, it appears that Krel improved the serrators so they could withstand multiple neurometer blasts with little to no problem.
|Appearances in the Trilogy|
- During "Lightning in a Bottle", Aja's serrator passes through the possession of Steve Palchuk, Señor Uhl, Gnome Chompsky and Stuart before returning to her. Both Steve and Gnome Chompsky accidentally activate the weapon.
- Apparently, Akiridions are gifted with their own serrator as younglings. Aja claims in "Truth Be Told" that she acquired her serrator for her 10th birthday.
- The different weapon modes seem to have different affects when used to kill an organic target. When the blaster function was used to kill Zeron Beta, his corpse was still intact. When the sword function was used to kill Zeron Alpha and Tronos, their bodies disintegrated. The blaster apparently totally destroys mechanical creatures, however.
- Halcon was vaporized with just one shot from Varvatos's serrator, suggesting it might be more powerful than Aja and Krel's serrators.
- It can also turn trolls into stone with a single blow, possibly because serrators are a light-construct.