|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officially on-screen.|
Serrators are ionic-type of technological weapons Akiridions commonly use for fighting offensively and defensively.
It's unknown who first originally invented the serrator, only that they were built to protect Akiridions from potential danger.
Unactivated, it looks like an ordinary blue protractor, which was lampshaded once by Steve.
While in use, it's a deadly weapon, if used by the wrong person, it can cause serious damage. It can turn into a holographic sword, blade, blaster, two-pronged spear and shield made of ionic energy.
Serrators are ionic-energy-based weapons that are capable of serious damage. They can easily form into a nearly impenetrable shield (which can take any shape or form), a blaster, a swordblade, and a two-pronged spear for combat.
In Part Two, Krel upgraded Aja's, Varvatos's, and his own serrator with portable transduction so that can be able to switch between their Akiridion and human forms at will.
Krel's also made Aja's serrator stronger so it can help her defeat more powerful foes. For example, it has an ionic boomerang, which can blast foes back as it shoots a very powerful shot and the shots can come back to the blaster.
Because it's an ionic energy weapon, it's easily defeated by Area 49-B's high tech blasters. However, as of Part Two, it appears that Krel improved the serrators so they could withstand multiple neurometer blasts with little to no problem.
- During "Lightning in a Bottle", Aja's serrator passes through the possession of Steve Palchuk, Señor Uhl, Gnome Chompsky and Stuart before returning to her. Both Steve and Gnome Chompsky accidentally activate the weapon.
- While inactivate, the serrators look to humans like an ordinary blue protractor if they're unfamiliar with it.
- The different weapon modes seem to have different affects when used to kill an organic target. en the blaster function was used to kill Zeron Beta, his corpse was still intact. When the sword function was used to kill Zeron Alpha and Tronos, their bodies disintegrated. The blaster apparently totally destroys mechanical creatures, however.
- Halcon was vaporized with just one shot from Varvatos's serrator, suggesting it might be more powerful than Aja and Krel's serrators.
- It can also turn trolls into stone with a single blow, possibly because serrators are a light-construct.