Recipe for Disaster is the eleventh episode of Trollhunters.
As Claire grows increasingly suspicious, Jim's mom invites Strickler over for dinner, where the tension is so thick, you could cut it with a knife.
Stricklander is invited over to the Lake's house for dinner, which becomes rather tense now that Jim has found out Strickler's secret and worse, Claire has broken into the house to investigate what Jim is up to. While that's happening, Toby, AAARRRGGHH and Blinky sneak into Strickler’s office for clues to Killahead Bridge, but ends up releasing a monster into school.
- Kelsey Grammer as Blinky
- Anton Yelchin as Jim Lake Jr.
- Charlie Saxton as Toby Domzalski
- Lexi Medrano as Claire Nuñez
- Ron Perlman as Bular
- Jonathan Hyde as Mr. Strickler
- Fred Tatasciore as AAARRRGGHH!!!/Señor Uhl
- Amy Landecker as Barbara Lake
- Yara Shahidi as Darci
- Lauren Tom as Mary Wang
- Matthew Waterson as Draal
- Jimmie Wood as NotEnrique
- Jim's neighbor is heard to call his children, Zack and Carina, for dinner.
- Claire finally witnesses a troll, which is Draal, inside Jim's basement, although she immediately gets knocked out cold.
- NotEnrique makes a reference to the books when he calls Toby, "Tubby", which is his nickname in the original book continuity.
- Continuity: Strickler tells Barbara a story about the end of "Gnome Your Enemy", about the time Bular chased the security guard, only in a more appropriate approach by saying, "So, I said to my co-worker, 'I brought you a midnight snack.' Too bad for him, he had indigestion for days. Well, that's the problem with eating Italian."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: NotEnrique mentions that he has a 9:00 PM feeding that he "don't wanna miss."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Toby accidentally finds Strickler's fetch (a miniature portal to the Darklands). When asked about what he found, Toby incorrectly thinks that it is a donut cushion (which is oftentimes used by those affected by hemorrhoids).
- This is lampshaded by Toby himself, when, asked by Blinky what he discovered, he responds "Strickler's got hemorrhoids?"