- “I feel so much pain. So many lives lost... This was not worth it.”
- ―Nari to her siblings, seeing the error of her ways[src]
Nari, along with her siblings Bellroc and Skrael, created the universe and Earth, with the Titans as their handmaidens. Together, the three of them founded the Arcane Order to maintain the balance between mortals and the magical. However, overtime Nari saw their actions as destructive and causing too much pain to both worlds, noticing that her siblings were becoming depraved and zealous, much to Nari's horror and disgust.
After realizing that her siblings cared nothing for magical beings as much as humanity, Nari renounced the Arcane Order and sought refuge in Camelot to ensure her siblings could not break the Genesis Seals, connect the Titans with the Heartstone beneath the center of the universe (Arcadia Oaks), and destroy the world she's come to love.
Nari is first seen during the evacuation of floating Camelot. She was approached by Merlin who asked her to help power the Heart of Avalon to open a Time Rift as they were under attack by the Arcane Order, and so she proceeded to do so. Her magic helped power the Heart, and this allowed Douxie to open a Time Rift. The Time Rift closes early however since Bellroc, Skrael and the Green Knight combine their magic into one blast, hitting the Heart of Avalon and causing Camelot to fall.
Nari is later shown in the past in the woods when Douxie shows Arthur and Morgana a memory from their childhood where Morgana and her friend (as well as Arthur’s love interest) Guinevere were playing in the woods when they stumbled across Nari, with Arthur claiming that she was a beast and that she should stay away from Morgana and Gwen. She was later seen with her fellow Arcane Order members, helping to revive Morgana.
After the First Battle of Killahead, Nari was shown sadly looking at the carnage and wondering if they had done the right thing. She then came to the conclusion that everything they've done was not worth it and abandons the Arcane Order.
Back in the present, Nari helped Claire search for Jim's soul. However, she was unable to find it as it is trapped in another the dimension. During the invasion of Hex Tech, she and the rest of the Guardians (minus Krel) were taken captive by Skrael. After the Arcane Order's defeat, Douxie took her to New York to protect her from the Order.
Rise of the Titans
At the commencement of the movie, Nari and Douxie are seen on an empty train, the former wearing a disguise of human clothing. Nari hums quietly to herself, but Douxie looks nervous and prepares to leave. Nari calms him, with the words: "No more running", and places a hand in his. Douxie smiles at her and the two sit back down, but a moment later, Skrael and Bellroc arrive to take Nari, marking the beginning of a huge battle on the subway. Nari and Douxie attempt to escape the approaching Bellroc, their approach accompanied by an explosion of molten lava. As they travel down the carriage, they are quickly met by Skrael, who announces to Nari that he and Bellroc have tracked her down and are bringing her back. As Douxie hinders Skrael briefly with magic, Bellroc appears from the flames opposite, saying with mock playfulness that Nari has been a naughty girl. Within moments, the other Trollhunter team members appear through various means to protect Nari, and the battle of magic rages. Nari aids Douxie against Skrael with her nature powers until the Trifurcate Radiation nullifies Skrael's power fleetingly. Taking advantage of the momentary weakness, Douxie hits Skrael over the head with his staff, causing Nari to grin.
When the train eventually runs off the rails, Nari emerges from the wreckage, aided by Claire, but the latter is quickly knocked away by a now impatient Skrael. Bellroc uses their levitational magic to draw Nari towards them, in spite of Nari's frantic protests and attempts to escape. At that moment, Douxie grabs hold of Nari's hand, but is unable to pull her back. Desperately, ignoring the cries of the others to let her go, Douxie looks into Nari's eyes and mutters that the Arcane Order can take him instead of her. His soul and Nari's are then hastily swapped in a subtle spell, and Bellroc triumphantly teleports away with what looks to be Nari's body but is in fact inhabited by Douxie's soul.
Meanwhile, Nari (now in Douxie's body) is apprehended by the police, along with the remaining Trollhunters. Under questioning in the police station, Nari innocently avoids giving any information, instead quietly growing plants, humming, and providing nonsensical information about nature to the officers.
The rest of the Order found out about the subterfuge and was able to sever the spell. They put Nari under their control and break open the Genesis Seals, awaken the Titans and converge to the Center of the Universe and connect to the last primordial Heartstone. The Titans face resistance on the way. Nari kills Nomura while charged. However, the Guardians of Arcadia are able to restore Nari's actual personality. She then vows to stop Skrael. Skrael then meets her and the two fight using their titans. But both are evenly matched, and Nari sacrifices her life in order to kill Skrael, and both die.
Nari resembles a mythical being of nature. She is below average in height, has pointy ears, green skin with noticeable 'veins' resembling ivy vines around her neck, except for her face which is pale cream. She has amber eyes with dark green sclerae, green hair with pink blossoms in it worn in an elaborate medieval style and a braid that reaches the small of her back. She also has antlers or horns that resemble tree branches growing out of her head, and on her body she wears green and gold leaf-like pieces that appear similar to armor, covering her chest, shoulders, and forming an apron around her waist. She walks barefoot. While bound with the Earth Titan, Nari's eyes glow green.
In her human disguise, she wears a white v-neck shirt with black stripes, a green jacket, jeans, and brown boots. She also has a large white Parisian beanie which hides her hair with her tree branch horns sticking out of two holes and pink glasses.
The color of Nari's magic is light forest green with pink petals.
Nari was originally part of the Arcane Order and sought to protect the balance of mortals and magical beings.
However, due to her empathetic nature, she witnessed the aftermath of the Killahead battle and felt nothing but the pain, suffering, and destruction her overzealous siblings were inflicting upon Camelot, as well as the magical beings by extension. Thus, Nari concludes that what she and her siblings had done was not worth it, renouncing her loyalties to the Arcane Order, and fled to Camelot for protection.
She is sweet, but also a little anxious and meek. She is shown to have a curious and innocent side, which is shown when she found wonder in Toby's 'godly powers'.
Powers & Abilities
- Magic: Being a sort of demigod like her siblings, Nari is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, possessing great magic connected to life itself. After exposing herself to the raw magics of the Genesis Seals, Nari's nature magic was supercharged to near omniscient.
- Ecomancy: As the demigod of the Eternal Forest, Nari is capable of performing magic through the physical forces of nature.
- Chlorokinesis: Naturally, Nari is able to command the plants to her will. In Rise of the Titans, she's seen attacking Skrael with an enlarged plant vine from her flower pot.
- Conjuration: Nari is able to conjure green bugs of her own creation, and even flowers out of nothing. She was even the one who created Morgana's signature prothetic left hand after she revived the witch.
- Geokinesis: While fused with her earth titan, Nari was able to bury Skrael and his ice titan under a giant avalanche of boulders from a cliffside.
- Vitikinesis: Nari is able to control and spread vines at an alarming rate with her magic, as shown when she caused a flower pot to create a wall of thick vines in a police station. She can generate vines from her earth titan and (while brainwashed) throw intruders off and even ensnare them. Plus, her vines are shown capable of turning changelings to stone, which are know to be resistant to natural petrification.
- Animancy: Along with her plant magic, Nari has a powerful connection to all life in the world, magical and mortal alike.
- Soul Reading: Nari is able to connect to the roots of nature that spread throughout the world and use them to sense the location of a certain being's soul. If she cannot, it means the said being she is seeking is no longer of this Earth, meaning they are either dead or their soul is trapped in another dimension (like the Shadow Realm). She's once mentioned that she'd felt Merlin's soul pass on after his death at the hands of King Arthur.
- Empathy: Nari is able to sense one's emotions and pain, like she did when she sensed Jim's injury worsening every second in "Wizard Underground". In the aftermath of "Killahead, Part Two", she sensed the pain and strife of the humans and magical creatures who have lost their lives and were left gravely injured.
- Petrification: As an immensely powerful demigod of life itself, Nari's magic is capable of rendering a changeling's resistance to natural sunlight inert, as shown when (while brainwashed) she used her vines to negate Nomura's immunity and then expose her to the sun, turning her to stone and shattering her corpse afterwards.
- Resurrection: Nari has the power to bring the dead back to life, as she revived Morgana to be the Arcane Order's "champion" for the magical.
- Levitation: Like her siblings, Nari is able to float off the ground.
- Precognition (apparently): Before her mind was transferred back to her body, Nari tells Jim to pull Excalibur by uniting the Guardians and find the Krohnisfere to undo all the tragic events that would lead to the Titans' awakening. It is unknown if she could actually see the future or if someone (most likely Merlin) gave her the instructions and pass it down to Jim.
- Channeling: Nari can channel her magic to provide a boost of energy, as she did to the Heart of Avalon so it could open a time rift to the past.
- Immortality: As a sort of demigod, Nari has existed on Earth since the beginning of time.
- Ecomancy: As the demigod of the Eternal Forest, Nari is capable of performing magic through the physical forces of nature.
- Combatant: During the Battle of Killahead, she was seen easily knocking out warriors twice her size.
- Trifurcate Radiation: When blasted by Krel's trifurcate blaster, Nari's magic is rendered completely nullified, leaving her powerless.
- Titan Link: Nari is naturally linked to her Earth Titan and both cannot thrive without the other, and will even feel the same pain inflicted on her titan. When Skrael stabs her Earth Titan in the stomach, she felt the same pain and her body slowly froze and shattered as her titan was consumed by the Ice Titan's magic.
- Bellroc's Brainwashing (briefly): After being switched back to her body (courtesy of Douxie's transmogrification spell), Bellroc immediately places Nari under their complete control, possessing her entirely to control her Earth Titan. Luckily, Douxie makes it to Nari's body and uses his magic to break Bellroc's spell, restoring Nari back to her old self.
- Staff: Nari used to carry around a staff, like Skrael and Bellroc, yet ever since defecting the Arcane Order, her staff is never seen again.
- Flower Pot: While hiding in Metro City, Nari carried a flower pot as a cohort for her plant magic.
- Main article: Nari/Relationships
- Main article: Nari/Quotes
|"History in the Making" |
|"Lady of the Lake" |
|"Killahead, Part One" |
|"Killahead, Part Two"
|"Wizard Underground" |
|"Our Final Act" |
- In Korean, "Nari" means "lily".
- Unlike her siblings, who were using magic against Camelot‘s forces in the Battle of Killahead Bridge, Nari was defeating her enemies with physical combat.
- Nari's emphatic powers are very similar to those of the Marvel superhero Mantis. In addition, they display similar temperaments and personalities.
- It seems that Nari is necessary for the Arcane Order to truly resurrect the dead, as Nari revive Morgana to perfect health (and was the one who gave Morgana her gem prosthetic hand) whereas Bellroc and Skrael raised Arthur yet Arthur was revived appearing undead.
- Sometimes, Nari moves on all fours, displaying more animalistic tendencies than her siblings.
- When Jim reset time to the very beginning of Trollhunters, to save the friends they lost in the battle with the Titans, this created a chance that Nari is one of the fallen few who remains alive in the new timeline.
- Her design and powers are reminiscent of Cosmo from the Sonic franchise.