Lancelot was a major supporting character of Wizards.
Capturing a Troll
Sir Lancelot and the knights surround them (Douxie,Claire and Steve). Lancelot recognizes Douxie as Merlin’s errand boy. Douxie corrects that he’s an apprentice. Jim’s stasis chamber breaks and Jim wakes up. Lancelot sees that he’s a troll and calls the others to arms, though Douxie quickly objects and says that he’s a good one. Lancelot says monsters are forbidden in Arthur’s lands. All of them are captured and taken to King Arthur. Lancelot shows Jim and the others to Arthur (the trespassers).
Encountering a Changeling
Battle of Killahead
Lancelot appears to be an older version of Steve Palchuk, with blonde hair and a goatee. His physical structure is similar to that of Steve's.
He is always seen wearing a common suit of knight's armor, but has a prosthetic left arm and shoulder that is white with golden clockwork.
Lancelot was a polite, yet fun-loving man who was very friendly towards human newcomers and did his best to make them feel welcome. He was like an older brother to Steve and taught him swordsmanship and other knightly arts, while liking Steve's jokes. He was typically relaxed and happy in the presence of Galahad, his best friend, and the two often talked about various things. He was also fiercely loyal to his king and obeyed his orders no matter what. He did seem to have a weakness for Galahad's onion brew.
Powers & Abilities
- Above-Average Physiology: Lancelot is a surprisingly strong and skilled knight.
- Strength: Lancelot was surprisingly strong, able to defeat other knights and hold off trolls of greater strength like Bular.
- Agility: Lancelot was nimble and fast, able to evade attacks and counterattack at the same time.
- Swordsmanship: Lancelot was a master with the sword, possessing stupendous swordsmanship skills. This was seen when he defeated Steve with next to no effort, defeated strong trolls and held his own against seasoned warrior trolls like Bular.
- Leadership: Lancelot was a natural leader, able to boost the morale of the knights under him with a quick pep talk.
- Mortality: As a human, Lancelot possessed a mortal body, so was therefore highly vulnerable to any forms of injuries, illnesses, and death.
- Sword: Lancelot carried a sword when battling.
- Armor: Lancelot wore a common knight's armor to protect himself from lethal attacks.
- Main article: Lancelot/Relationships
- Main article: Lancelot/Quotes
|"History in the Making" |
|"Lady of the Lake" |
|"Killahead, Part One" |
|"Killahead, Part Two"
|"Wizard Underground" |
|"Our Final Act" |
- Lancelot is based on the same knight in Arthurian legends, in which he is Galahad’s father.
- He is the second Dreamworks character to be based on this character. The first was in Shrek the Third.
- Like in Shrek, when Lancelot removes his helmet it resembles the way Prince Charming removes his in his first appearance in Shrek 2.
- It is presumed that Lancelot may be Steve's ancestor, as evidenced by their resemblance. Their similarities have been lampshaded by Jim in "Lady of the Lake".
- According to Aaron Waltke on a Twitter reply, Merlin was the one who created Lancelot's prothetic left arm, making it out of ivory and gold. Centuries later, Vendel and Blinky would create a prototype arm for Draal based on the ancient archives.
- Also according to Aaron Waltke on Discord, Lancelot was quite a hit with the ladies.
- According to Aaron Waltke on a Discord, during one of Lancelot's many battles, no doubt facing either Bular or Gunmar themselves, Lancelot's sword got broken. His sword's name in the original legends it was named either Seure or Secace, which roughly translates to "sequence".
- Lancelot ultimately serves as a foil to Steve: Lancelot was a neutrally good person while Steve started out as neutrally bad, both are people who pretended to be knights of royal lineage, but while Lancelot followed Arthur’s prejudice without question, Steve questioned it heavily and gave up his reputation as a knight to protect Jim and Claire.