- “No need to fear, DJ Kleb is here... to party!”
- ―Krel's new catchphrase
Krel Tarron is one of the main stars in the Tales of Arcadia franchise, serving as the deuteragonist of 3Below, a minor character in Part Three of Trollhunters (major in its upcoming film, Rise of the Titans), and a minor character of Wizards.
He is the current king of Akiridion-5, a foreign exchange student of Arcadia Oaks High, best friends with Eli Pepperjack and Toby Domzalski, the son of Fialkov and Coranda Tarron, the younger brother of Aja Tarron.
- Main article: Krel Tarron/History
In his alien form, Krel has electric teal blue skin, light-blue hair that spikes up, blue eyes with black sclera, and four arms. He also has a ridge on his forehead which marks him as king-in-waiting, which he received during his coronation in "Terra Incognita Part One".
He wears a black and blue jumpsuit with neon blue linings.
In his human form, Krel is a Latino with dark, tanned skin, brown eyes, and fluffy chin-length dark brown hair.
His outfit consists of a blue t-shirt with a light-blue squiggle, navy blue sweatpants, white sneakers, green socks and a watch on his left wrist.
Unlike his older sister, Krel appears to be more stoic and introverted, often making snarky comments to his sister and everyone around him. He does not really seem to have much of an interest in a lot of things and has a large ego. Despite this, he appears to be an excellent disc jockey and loves to dance, and he is also quick-witted and curious about Earth. Krel often criticizes Earth's more primitive technologies, as they don't match his own and has a bit of a low opinion of humans in general. He frequently gloats about his superior intellect, as he is a super genius, even past normal Akiridion standards. He's also shown impatience and frustration when people are clueless about a Daxial Array, as they mistake it as a band (though it's because humans don't have advanced alien technology). Because of his self-centered-like mind, he does not really earn people's respect or friendship.
In spite of his haughtiness, vanity, arrogance, insufferable attitude, and being somewhat ill-mannered, Krel seems to be a very compassionate and decent guy, as he begrudgingly agreed to venture with Eli to find the Billycraggle, despite his dislike of the outdoors and skepticism to Eli's conspiracies. He also willingly throws off the math duel for Seamus after overhearing his and his father's argument.
While Krel's shown confidence in his ability to invent and understand technologies, there are times when he doubts himself. He admits to Aja if he could ever fix the mothership by himself after it was damaged during their fight with Omen. Krel also appears quite touchy with his own inventions, shown when he constantly cautioned Aja not to break his mind reader headset to the point where he whines and was visibly dismayed after she broke them while pursuing Stuart.
There's also a tiny, darker side to Krel. Although it was understandable that he felt deeply hurt and betrayed by Vex when he learns that he had helped Morando invade Akiridion-5, it was to where he almost kills him for high treason. Even after two weeks, he still hasn't gone over Varvatos's betrayal and still held a mild grudge against him. However, he begins to reflect his hostile thoughts by watching Varvatos's recordings, most likely because of everything he and Vex have done together while on Earth.
In Part Two, he begins to become more kind and friendly. He starts to take his gifts more seriously, stops taking his genius for granted, and genuinely begins to accept Earth as his new home. People start to befriend him and he starts to realize that there are some things that even his brains can't solve. When Aja and Vex leave for Akiridion-5, he decides to stay on Earth with the Blanks and his new friends he's made there for a little longer, as he nows calls Earth his second home (though he does promise to return to Akiridion-5 whenever he can, someday).
Powers & Abilities
- Royal Akiridion Physiology: As a Royal Akiridion, Krel is stronger, durable, agile and much more intelligent than a normal human.
- Enhanced Strength: Although Krel is clearly weaker than his sister, he was shown strong enough to strike Varvatos Vex (a large-structured Akiridion) a couple feet away from him with only a few blows. In his human form, he is considerably weaker as he was unable to lift a heavy box and DJ stand by himself.
- Enhanced Endurance: Krel can endure more than an average teenager.
- Enhanced Durability: Krel is durable enough to easily withstand a single punch from Steve without being knocked out cold, only managing a nosebleed (which is neon blue instead of human red). He has also withstood hits from stronger alien foes.
- Enhanced Stamina: Krel can physically exert himself for long periods of time without tiring before fatigue begins to wear him down.
- Enhanced Speed: Krel is slightly faster than a normal teenager.
- Enhanced Reflexes: His reflexes are less than that of his sister, but he still reacts somewhat faster than an average human.
- Enhanced Agility: Krel's agility is less than that of his sister's, but is almost as agile as an average teen.
- Hypermetabolism: Krel is an energy-based being who doesn't require organic consumption.
- Extra Arms: As a Royal, Krel has four arms, which prove to be useful for multitasking and providing additional strength.
- Vacuum Adaption: As an Akiridion, Krel can adapt and survive in any atmospheric environment without any aid, but a planet's gravity does still affect him, as shown in "Moonlight Run".
- Oxygen Independence: Krel does not require oxygen to live.
- Longevity: As an Akiridion, Krel can most likely live for hundreds of years, but he is still vulnerable to being killed and can fall in battle.
- Hacking Intuition: As a highly intelligent Akiridion, Krel is able to hack through difficult mainframes of information and bypass levels of online security. He was able to hack into Area 49-B's security and shoot it to Mom and Dadblank's steak-out vehicle. Later on, he was able to hack into the Akiridion security network to link the Parking Drones with his new Dogfight game (though he claims it was incredibly easy since Morando never considered deactivating Zadra's Taylon access codes). He was also able to hack into the wormhole generator (which Luug ate) to help teleport him to a position where Aja could catch him easier. He and his sister appear to share this trait, but his hacking skills clearly surpass Aja's.
- Intelligence: While Aja relies on her skills as a warrior, Krel's greatest strength lies within his intelligence, and he claims himself as smarter than his own species. At his human school, Krel was able to ace every single test in his human classes with perfect scores, impressing most of the faculty. Like Jim, he's also quick-witted and good at improvising situations with his own intellect. While infiltrating Area 49-B, instead of evading a grid full of lasers like Varvatos did, Krel used his serrator shield to deflect the lasers.
- Inventing: As described by Stuart, Krel is a "tech-whiz" as he is able to create highly advanced technologies, due to living in a technological-based planet. He was able to craft special glasses designed to read an individual's minds and even create a new Daxial Array for the Mothership with a few Earthly components. He was also able to create a wormhole generator which would connect Akiridion-5 and Earth and even modify Aja's serrator into a more powerful one.
- Combatant: Krel is not as skilled in combat like his sister, as he admits that he's not fully trained in combat and doesn't have very good aim with his serrator. However, he is clearly able to hold himself off against more experienced alien fighters with a serrator (mainly when it's a shield and a blaster) and fights if necessary or if it's the last resort. Despite his inexperience, he was able to strike Varvatos off of him with a few kick blows during their brief duel together. Krel apparently fights better when he and Aja are working together. In Part Two, Krel's combat skills appears to have somewhat improved, possibly due to Aja's influence.
- Disc Jockey: Krel is considerably skilled with music, dancing, and DJ-ing, even blowing away the residents of Arcadia during the Battle of the Bands with his own music style.
- Actor: Thanks to some help from Toby and Eli, Krel has become a fairly good actor. He has develop a few catchphrases for his character in their fan film and frankly enjoys acting out.
- Physical Damage: Despite his enhanced durability, Krel could be forced to retreat his royal life core he ever suffered too much physical damage.
- Serrator: A serrator is an Akiridion's most common weapon, being able to form into a nearly impenetrable shield, a blaster, a blade, and a two-pronged spear.
- Hoverboard: Like Aja, Krel also has his own hoverboard as a mode of transportation (or it could be just him borrowing Aja's).
- Mind Reader (briefly): In "Mind Over Matter", Krel invents his own mind reader in order to convince Eli that he and Aja are not aliens. Krel's mind reader appears like some sort of virtual reality glasses. When in use, he is able to hear the target's thoughts while an emoji-like sign appears on top of their heads. It can also be adjusted from hearing only one person per-time to hearing the whole town of Arcadia (which could cause the user to experience a small, brief migraine). Aja later uses this to find an alien imposter, but she accidentally damages the glasses, much to his dismay.
- Main article: Krel Tarron/Relationships
- Main article: Krel Tarron/Quotes
|Trollhunters Part 3|
| "Night Patroll" |
| "Arcadia's Most Wanted"|
| "Bad Coffee"|
| "So I'm Dating a Sorceress"|
| "The Exorcism of Claire Nunez"|
| "Parental Guidance"|
| "The Oath"|
| "For the Glory of Merlin"|
| "In Good Hands"|
| "A House Divided"|
| "The Eternal Knight: Part 1"|
| "The Eternal Knight: Part 2"|
|3Below Part 1|
| "Terra Incognita Part One"|
| "Terra Incognita Part Two"|
| "Mind Over Matter"|
| "Beetle Mania"|
| "Collision Course"|
| "D'aja Vu"|
| "Flying the Coop"|
| "Party Crashers"|
| "Lightning in a Bottle"|
| "The Arcadian Job"|
| "Truth Be Told"|
| "Last Night on Earth"|
| "Bad Omen"|
|3Below Part 2|
| "Moving Day" |
| "Moonlight Run"|
| "Dogfight Days of Summer"|
| "Mother's Day"|
| "Ill Gotten Gains"|
| "There's Something About Gwen (of Gorbon)"|
| "Asteroid Rage"|
| "Luug's Day Out"|
| "The Fall of House Tarron"|
| "The Big Sleep"|
| "Race to Trollmarket"|
| "A Glorious End, Part One"|
| "A Glorious End, Part Two"|
|Wizards Part 1|
| "Spellbound" |
| "History in the Making" |
| "Witch Hunt" |
| "Lady of the Lake" |
| "Battle Royale" |
| "Killahead, Part One" |
| "Killahead, Part Two"|
| "Wizard Underground" |
| "Dragon's Den" |
| "Our Final Act" |
- Krel's debut was in the Trollhunters episode "In Good Hands", alongside his sister, Aja.
- He also performs a dance known as "The Floss" in said episode.
- Krel appears to speak with some kind of Hispanic accent (which matches his human form).
- A running gag in the show is that some characters, such as Mary and Ms. Janeth, frequently forget his name.
- Krel is very fond of Earth music, in spite of his low opinion of the planet and its inhabitants.
- Unlike Aja, Krel does not have much fighting ability or experience, so he usually relies on his brains.
- Krel has consistently shown a disinterest or digust in romantic relationships.
- Krel is the second outsider to survive the Deep, the first being Jim.
- According to Krel's voice actor, Diego Luna, said that Krel would have another character arc in Wizards, although it was never shown.
- Krel is the only Akiridion to appear in Wizards, though Aja was mentioned.
- ↑ Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans’ Movie Scheduled for 2021. Variety (August 7th, 2020). Retrieved August 7th, 2020.
- ↑ The Arcadian Job
- ↑ Dogfight Days of Summer
- ↑ Luug's Day Out
- ↑ 'Wizards: Tales of Arcadia' Release Date: Diego Luna Is Done Recording. Inverse (July 15, 2019). Retrieved January 31, 2020.