|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officially on-screen.|
- “The Kairosect allows its user to literally step outside of normal time.”
- ―The Art of Trollhunters
Kairosects are powerful artifacts that allow users to stop time for a maximum of 43 minutes and 9 seconds. Kairosects can only be used three times, after which it is rendered useless.
Jim later used it the third time to solve multiple problems he was facing: saving Claire and Blinky, finishing a Spanish test, doing a task for Spring Fling, stopping a gnome infestation, and recovering the Inferna Copula from Stricklander and the Killstone (one of the three Triumbric Stones) from Angor Rot.
- Time Stopping: Kairosects allow their bearers to step outside of time. They also gives him/her the opportunity to mess with everyones’ position and activities without their knowledge.
- Time Traveling (w/ Shadow Staff): As revealed in the book Age of the Amulet, when a Kairosect is damaged and its time magic is combined with the Shadow Staff's, it will allow a certain amount of people to literally travel back in time and/or back to the present.
- Time Stopping Rules: Despite being an ancient and powerful artifact, the Kairosect's time stopping power is limited to three rules:
- Only one user can step outside of time.
- The time-stopping effect lasts for forty-three minutes and nine seconds.
- It can only be used three times.
- Unpredictability: As time travel is a newly discovered ability the Kairosect can do, it's unpredictable to whether where, when, or what time period one might end up in.
- Universal Balance: As the universe balances the natural flow of time, if five time travelers travel to the past, then five dwellers from the past must go to the present.