- “The Kairosect allows its user to literally step outside of normal time.”
- ―The Art of Trollhunters
Kairosects are powerful artifacts that allows users to step outside of time.
Jim later used it a third time to solve multiple problems he was facing: saving Claire and Blinky, finishing a Spanish test, doing a task for Spring Fling, stopping a gnome infestation, and recovering the Inferna Copula from Stricklander and the Killstone (one of the three Triumbric Stones) from Angor Rot.
- Time Stopping: Kairosects allow their bearers to stop time. They also give him/her the opportunity to mess with everyones' positions and activities without them realizing.
- Time Traveling (w/ Shadow Staff): As revealed in the book Age of the Amulet, when a Kairosect is damaged and its time magic is combined with the Shadow Staff's, it will allow a certain amount of people to literally travel back in time and/or back to the present.
- Time Stopping Rules: Despite being an ancient and powerful artifact, the Kairosect's time stopping power is limited to three rules:
- Only one user can step outside of time.
- The maximum of the time-stopping effect lasts for precisely forty-three minutes and nine seconds.
- It can only be used three times. After which, it will be rendered completely useless.
- Unpredictability: As time travel is a newly discovered ability the Kairosect can do, it's unpredictable to whether where, when, or what time period one might end up in.
- Universal Balance: As the universe balances the natural flow of time, if five time travelers travel to the past, then five dwellers from the past must go to the present.
|Appearances in the Trilogy|