|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officialy on-screen.|
The Kairosect is a powerful artifact that allows its user to stop time for a maximum of 43 minutes and 9 seconds. The Kairosect can only be used three times after which it can never be used again and is rendered useless.
After recovering it from Gatto's stomach, Blinky foolishly used the Kairosect twice to test its powers and Jim used it the third time to solve the multiple problems he was facing, including saving Claire and Blinky, finishing a Spanish test, doing a task for Spring Fling, stopping a gnome infestation, recovering the Inferna Copula and the Killstone, one of the three Triumbric Stones.
- Time Stopping: The Kairosect allows the bearer to step outside of time. It also gives him/her the opportunity to mess with everyones’ position and activities without their knowledge.
- Time Traveling (w/ Shadow Staff): As revealed in the book Age of the Amulet, when a Kairosect is damaged and its time magic is combined with the Shadow Staff's, it will allow a certain amount of people to literally travel back in time and/or back to the present.
- Time Stopping Rules: Despite being an ancient and powerful artifact, the Kairosect's time stopping power is limited to three rules:
- Only one user can step outside of time at once.
- The time-stopping effect last for forty-three minutes and nine seconds.
- The Kairosect can be used only three times.
- Unpredictability: As time travel is a newly discovered ability the Kairosect can do, it's unpredictable to whether where or when time period one might end up in.
- Universal Balance: As the universe balances the natural flow of time, if five time travelers travel to the past, then five dwellers from the past must go to the present.