|This article contains canon information corresponding to the Tales of Arcadia franchise. That means all information in this article is true and has appeared/been validated officially on-screen.|
Hope springs from an unlikely source when Gunmar learns that Jim's friends are in the Darklands on a mission to bring him home.
With their lives in danger, the Trollhunters must face against Gunmar and escape the Darklands before their time runs out. Can Draal make it into the Darklands and save his friends in time before any more bad guys can escape and they run out of precious time, trapping them all in the Darklands?
- Kelsey Grammer as Blinky
- Anton Yelchin as Jim Lake Jr.
- Charlie Saxton as Toby Domzalski
- Lexi Medrano as Claire Nuñez
- Fred Tatasciore as AAARRRGGHH!!!
- Rodrigo Blaas as Gnome Chompsky
- Clancy Brown as Gunmar
- Mark Hamill as Dictatious
- Amy Landecker as Barbara Lake
- Lauren Tom as Nomura
- Matthew Waterson as Draal
- Frank Welker as Goblins
- Jim escapes the Darklands and reunites with his friends in this episode.
- Nomura also escapes with the Trollhunters and officially reforms.
- However, Gunmar, Dictatious, and a couple of Gumm-Gumms are unintentionally freed from the Darklands as well, since Toby failed to ensure that they only bring back Jim (as they've saved Nomura as well) and Draal left his position of guarding the bridge to help his friends escape with a Gyre.
- Dictatious is permanently blinded by Blinky in this episode, courtesy of the latter's flare crystal which Kanjigar entrusted to him.
- Jim and Claire share their first real kiss.
- Their very first one was in the middle of Part One. However, that was just a stage kiss, so this is their first actual kiss.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: After Blinky is freed from his brother, he hits him with a staff saying "GOODBYE DIC-TATIOUS!" with a bit of a pause between "Dic" and "Tatious".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When Jim pulls Claire away from the edge of a cliff as she loses her footing, he pulls her towards the ground and slightly drifts his hand over her hip. Claire offendedly exclaims, "Hey! Watch your hands!" Jim realizes what he was doing and quickly holds his hands up while awkwardly saying, "I really pictured that going more smoothly".