Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia is an upcoming action platformer developed by Outright Games for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, which will be released on September 25th, 2020.
It is based on the Tales of Arcadia franchise.
Jump into the world of Tales of Arcadia as Jim Lake Jr. to stop Porgon the Trickster Troll and his sneaky plans! Team up with Claire in couch co-op and also get a helping hand from lots more loved characters to face unknown evil forces and help stop the Time-pocalypse! Upgrade your armor and boost your abilities to become more powerful than ever. The fate of the universe is in your hands!
This is an action-platform, based on the series Tales of Arcadia, in which players control time-travelers (Jim and Claire) as they collect coins/magical stones, unlock special abilities, and battle various enemies. From a side-scrolling perspective, players traverse platforms and use swords and projectiles to kill fantasy creatures (e.g., goblins, trolls, dragons). Combat is frenetic at times, highlighted by sword-slashing sounds and cries of pain. A handful of enemies use blaster-like weapons, and some boss characters shoot multiple magical projectiles across the screen in more protracted combat.
- Porgon (boss)
- Gunmar (boss)
- Angor Rot (boss)
- Morgana (boss)
- Nougat Nummies
Go-Go Sushi is mentioned to be a playable minigame, the same game Toby and AAARRRGGHH!!! enjoy playing together.
- Collect sushi
- Avoid veg
- If you collect 5 or 10 sushis, you can serve them up for tips
- If you go over 10 sushis, you drop some
- It's currently unknown if this game will be canon to the Tales of Arcadia universe.
- The title of the game likely references to another DreamWorks animated series, Dragons: Defenders of Berk.
- Although the title says Trollhunters, the setting of the game is combined with the other two installments of the franchise, 3Below and the upcoming Wizards.
- According to Aaron Waltke on his Twitter page, the game also includes a minigame that is featured in the franchise, Go-Go Sushi, a game which Toby and AAARRRGGHH!!! play together.