- “Imbued with Creeper's Sun poison, Angor Rot's blades are deadly to the touch. Just a scratch will start the poison's path of transforming the victim into stone.”
- ―The Art of Trollhunters
Creeper's Sun is a very rare and deadly poison created by the Janus Order.
How Creeper's Sun poison was created is unknown, but it was presumably created some time after the Janus Order was founded.
In its purest form, it seems to be a neon green diamond-shaped crystal that disappears and becomes the glowing trim of a bladed weapon it has been imbued into.
It is capable of turning any living organism that it touches to stone almost instantly. It can be imbued into weapons to dramatically increase its lethality.
Its spreading rate is determined by the size of the infection. A deep stab from a dagger or even a single prick from a needle can petrify the host in seconds if not instantly. However, a nick no longer than an inch will overtake the host in a matter of weeks (months with treatment).
The only way to reverse the effect is through an antidote, whose recipe is only known by the Janus Order. However, the stone body must still be intact, so if the body was smashed, then the antidote will be ineffective.
The known ingredients for the antidote are:
- Twig of Worm's Root,
- Ounce of silver
- An entire carton of sour milk
- A live mouse
- Unknown green and brown concoction
- A gnome skeleton
- Tears of those who have not touched by love's first kiss
- A fragment of Heartstone
The ingredients should be boiled in oil for a few seconds.
|Appearances in the Trilogy|
- Creeper's Sun is really no different from necrotizing fasciitis: A very rare and potentially deadly flesh-devouring bacterial infection that literally makes a person's body rot.
- Before discovering a permanent cure, the only viable cure is to amputate the infected zone to prevent any further spreading.