|This article is about Callista. You may be looking for her true identity from legends, Deya the Deliverer.|
- “Come, my brothers and sisters! I know you're afraid, but never forget that fear is the precursor to valor. And to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero! Together, we push back the darkness and those that would see our end!”
- ―Deya to her fellow trolls during the Battle of Killahead[src]
- 1 History
- 2 Physical Description
- 3 Personality
- 4 Powers & Abilities
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Episode Appearances
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
Callista was just a youngling when King Arthur and his knights destroyed her village, Tombro, and presumably killed her family, but she was spared (for unknown reasons). It is presumed that after that, she caused a heap of trouble in various troll homes, making her fellow trolls look down upon her as an outsider and unwelcome to their residence.
Presumably, she once visited her old home in search of her identity, but was later caught and sent to the dungeons of Camelot for "trespassing" her own home. There, she was given her human name "Callista", because she could not remember her troll name.
Wizards (Part One)
Held in the dungeons of Camelot, Callista met Jim Lake Jr., quickly bonding with him, despite their differing opinions regarding Merlin. Callista was later freed when Jim's friends, Claire Nuñez and Douxie Casperan, opened the doors to all the cells, later using their magic to ensure that all the Trolls made it to the forest.
The Troll escapees all split up when they reached Killahead Bridge, though Callista refused to abandon the wounded Jim, even if she used him as an unwitting distraction to throw Camelot's forces off their trail.
The two eventually found themselves at the ruins of Tombro. As Jim told her of humans and Trolls co-existing where he came from, Lancelot caught up with them, wounding them both, though they ultimately escaped. Limping, the two found themselves at Dwoza, a settlement of non-combatant Trolls.
Awakening to the sight of Dictatious Galadrigal, Callista gave him three black eyes in shock. After Jim had awoken, the two were forced out of the settlement where they were confronted by AAARRRGGHH!!!, a general in Gumm-Gumm Army, who sought to recruit Dwoza for an attack on Camelot. Using their wits, Callista and Jim managed to subdue AAARRRGGHH!!!
After which, Callista takes Jim to Vendel so he can remove the onyx shard from his chest. She even gives him a bone to bite on to help him brace for the pain. However, before the operation could proceed, they are interrupted by Claire, Douxie, and Merlin, who appear from a shadow portal, along with King Arthur.
The First Trollhunter
King Arthur tries to convince the benevolent trolls to fight alongside him as equals, now that Gunmar is coming with an army against both humans and trolls. Scoffing at the very idea, Callista kept to herself while being constantly insulted by the trolls of Dwoza, only to be chosen by Merlin's newly forged Amulet of Daylight to be the first Trollhunter.
Overwhelmed by the responsibilities and being looked down upon by her own kind, Callista fled back to Tombro, though the Amulet's magic made it impossible for her to divest. While hiding, Callista was confronted by her successor, Jim, who encouraged her to live up to her new destiny. After he'd left, Callista regarded her discarded toy and recalled her birth name "Deya."
Battle of Killahead Bridge
Reclaiming her true name, Deya returned to Dwoza and rallied the Trolls into a fighting force, leading their charge into battle, using the Amulet to summon the Trollhunter Armor, wielding the Sword of Daylight against Gunmar. At Jim's advice, she briefly shed the armor to use the Amulet to create a portal to the Darklands where she banished the Gumm-Gumms. As Deya was celebrated by her people, the time-traveling heroes prepare to return to their own time with Jim advising Deya to avoid New Jersey when she would lead a search for a new Heartstone in the New World.
Callista has olive-green stone skin and blonde hair with bangs which frames her face, a purple nose, and purple horns.
She wears a blue shirt, a purple skirt with a belt which has several objects hooked onto it. She wears bands covering both her forearms and her right upper bicep.
Callista is mentioned to be quite the troublemaker, causing calamity wherever she goes. Thus, she is branded an outcast amongst her fellow trolls and not exactly welcomed to any trollmarket.
Aside from her supposed mischievous nature, Callista does appear to be more open-minded and understanding. She seems to take Jim's word that the trolls must stand up and fight to protect the humans from Gunmar, despite not knowing Jim personally (yet she did admit she thought he was still crazy). She also has a sassy side when she calls Blinky out for his arrogant cowardice after he makes a sarcastic comment about her "visit" to Dwoza. She even doesn't take too kindly to violence from anyone, especially if she's on the run and in need of refuge. Also, Callista does have a soft spot for younglings, as she was quick to help an injured Jim out of Camelot to get him to safe haven.
It should be noted that Callista has a strong sense of integrity, for despite being mistreated by humans and trolls, she was never tempted to join Gunmar's army of Gumm-Gumms. Although, it doesn't hide the fact that being looked down upon caused her to feel insecure about her new destiny, like when the Amulet of Daylight chose her as its first champion, she was quick to deny the mantle, due the trolls negative opinions about her. After a little pep talk from Jim and learning her true name, she regains her confidence and finally accepts her role as the Trollhunter rallying the good trolls against the Gumm-Gumms during the Battle of Killahead Bridge.
Powers & Abilities
- Troll Physiology: As a troll, Callista is significantly stronger and more durable than an average human.
- Combatant: Callista, or rather Deya, showed herself to be a great warrior at the Battle of Killahead Bridge, easily taking down multiple foes with amazing prowess in battle and appeared to be dancing in the way she moved with acrobatic finesse and hardly anyone was able to land a hit on her at all. Even Steve and Jim were amazed by her natural fighting skills.
- Swordswoman: Callista showed herself to be naturally skilled with a blade, first wielding a random sword on the battlefield before tossing it aside to wield the Sword of Daylight, especially against the ruthless Gunmar. She was even able to blind Bellroc (a primordial demigod) effortlessly.
- Direct Sunlight: Like other trolls, Callista is vulnerable to direct sunlight as it burns her skin and turns her to stone from contact.
- Amulet of Daylight: As the first to be chosen by it, Callista was bonded to the Amulet of Daylight, making her the first Trollhunter. With it, she could become clad in the Trollhunter Armor.
- Trollhunter Armor: Callista was the first Trollhunter and the first to wear the Armor.
- Sword of Daylight: As the first Trollhunter, Callista was the first to wield the Sword of Daylight. At the Battle of Killahead, she wielded Daylight with incredible skill and was even able to summon it back to her hand after she threw the sword without willing it to come to her.
- Main article: Callista/Relationships
- Main article: Callista/Quotes
|Wizards Part 1|
|"History in the Making" |
|"Lady of the Lake" |
|"Killahead, Part One" |
|"Killahead, Part Two"
|"Wizard Underground" |
|"Our Final Act" |
- Callista is the first Trollhunter.
- In Greek, Callista (Deya's human name) means "most beautiful".