Bellroc was born/created many aeons ago and maintained the balance between magic and mortals for many thousands of years, until they grew disillusioned with humanity's violence towards magical creatures. They then started to undertake several plans to destroy humanity for good.
They, along with their siblings, Skrael and Nari, resurrected Morgana after she was killed by Arthur, and told her to be their champion. Bellroc killed Arthur at the Battle of Killahead. After Nari's defection from the Order, Bellroc and Skrael later resurrected the very king they sought to kill to fill up Nari's role as the Green Knight.
Wizards (Part One)
Bellroc first appeared in the invasion of Camelot, attacking it with fire spells. After the time-traveling heroes return to the present, the Green Knight captures the corrupted Trollhunter, Jim Lake, and use his amulet to resurrect Morgana from the Shadow Realm (much to her dismay). After learning of Morgana's renunciation to the Guardians of Arcadia, they follow the reformed witch to Hex Tech, where they ambush the heroes and capture them (minus Krel).
They were later defeated by Douxie when they fought with him for Nari the Genesis Seals. With the Seals in their possession, the Order must find Nari if they are to break them and unleash raw magic upon the world. Bellroc manages to find Douxie and Nari blending in New York City...
Rise of the Titans
Bellroc is an androgynous being, with a shifting voice to represent male and female. They are of average height with grey skin, red hair and tattoos on their face resembling traditional Inuit tattoos. After Callista blinds Bellroc at the battle of Killahead bridge, they wear a blindfold.
Bellroc wears a large cape of black feathers, with red wooden pauldrons on each shoulder. The eyes on the pauldron move, and are most likely used as Bellroc's secondary pair of eyes. They wear a wooden chest plate carved to look like a nose and mouth, and the mouth opens depending on the position Bellroc is in.
On their head, Bellroc wears a large skull of a horned, bird-like creature, and wears many other small bones. Their forearms are wrapped in gauze, and they wear a large beaded bracelet on their left wrist. Bellroc wears black pants with a belt with attachments resembling Fulu, and walks barefoot.
Bellroc is a cruel and ruthless being, hellbent on the destruction of humanity to remake the world in the image of the Arcane Order. Originally, Bellroc sought balance, but even then they were ruthless and uncaring towards humanity, mostly because of the unjust persecution of King Arthur against magical beings like trolls.
To Bellroc, everything and everyone is a tool and a pawn to further their agenda, as they helped resurrect Morgana to serve as a "champion" for the magical when really she was the Arcane Order's pawn, and later did the same to her brother King Arthur and even Jim.
From Bellroc's point of view, humanity is irredeemable and a plague upon the earth and so must be wiped away to bring their own perverse idea of balance, and Bellroc is absolutely cruel and spiteful to anyone who gets in their way.
However, Bellroc is very quick to intervene certain events against their standards (even Skrael is aware that they are forbidden to intervene, or they much less give themselves away). Bellroc's thirst for wiping out humanity (and those allied with humans) proved to be their downfall when they impulsively attacked Deya, leading to them getting their eyes blinded.
Powers & Abilities
- Magic: Being a sort of demigod, Bellroc is among one of the most powerful magical beings in existence, rivaled by their siblings, Skrael and Nari, as well as Merlin and Morgana.
- Pyromancy: Bellroc's magic is primarily fire-based. They can create jets of fire and fireballs powerful enough to incinerate almost anything.
- Resurrection: Bellroc, along with their fellow Arcane Order members, can resurrect people.
- Levitation: Bellroc is able to use their magic to fly, and even their fire magic for propulsion in order to fly faster.
- Immortality: As a sort of demigod, Bellroc has existed on Earth since the beginning of time.
- Staff: Bellroc's Staff is their source of fire magic.
- Main article: Bellroc/Relationships
- Main article: Bellroc/Quotes
|Wizards Part 1|
|"History in the Making" |
|"Lady of the Lake" |
|"Killahead, Part One" |
|"Killahead, Part Two"
|"Wizard Underground" |
|"Our Final Act" |
- When Deya permanently blinds Bellroc at the Battle of Killahead, they bleed lava.
- The decorations on Bellroc's armor resemble the face of a Rakshasa, a demon from Hindu mythology.
- Bellroc is an ancient primordial being whose voice is meant to evoke both masculine and feminine qualities, shifting between them.
- Bellroc's voice does seem to shift based on their emotions. For example, whenever they are mad, frustrated, or being tested, Bellroc takes on a more masculine voice, but during a calmer environment, Bellroc has a more feminine voice.
- Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans’ Movie Scheduled for 2021. Variety (August 7th, 2020). Retrieved August 7th, 2020.
- Aaron Waltke (August 21, 2020). Aaron Waltke answering questions on Discord. Tales of Arcadia Wiki Discord.