Unable to stop an asteroid hurtling toward Earth, Kubritz pleads with the royals to help destroy it by offering stored alien technology from Area 49-B.
A soldier sees an alert on a screen he's monitoring. He calls for Kubritz and the president.
Kubritz is torturing Tronos when a soldier comes in and tells her there's an object heading for Earth.
Eli runs through town, filming for Toby's film. Krel comes in and joins the scene as a rescuer. Then they see the incoming object. It leaves a large hole in the ground.
Mother tells them about the meteorite they brought back to her. There's an asteroid the size of Arcadia also on the way to them. It will destroy the whole town and beyond. Their ways to attack it are all destroyed. Krel needs to build a deep-space laser, but he doesn't think he can. Kubritz suddenly appears on their screen. She needs their help. She says they're humanity's best, last, and only hope.
Varvatos doesn't like the plan, but they don't have any good options. They're meeting with Kubrtiz. Kubritz says they think the asteroid is beyond their capabilities. The need Krel and Aja to use the alien technology. They make demands and Kubritz agrees to their terms. Aja wants to pinky swear on it and Kubritz does.
Aja calls Steve, but gets his voicemail. She leaves him a message asking him to talk.
Steve gets Aja's message. He's worried she's going to break up with him.
Kubritz and the others arrive at Area 49-B. One of the soldiers tells them his plan but Krel says it won't work. The only think that will work is a deep-space laser, which he can build. Krel puts on music and gets to work. When he's finished, they prepare to fire it. The laser works and breaks apart the asteroid. Then something happens with the laser, but Krel can't turn it off. It shuts off power to the whole area. When the system comes back online, they learn that the asteroid is now in two big pieces, still heading their way.
Steve goes to Aja's house and asks Zadra about Aja. She tells him about the asteroid. Stuart picks them up in his taco truck.
Krel is looking for a solution. Aja remembers Tronos, who might be able to help. They'll have to convince him.
Aja appeals directly to Tronos, trying to convince him to power the laser. He's happy to go down with them instead.
Ophelia Nuñez speaks to Arcadia about what's happening. Around town, people make calls to tell people they love them. Shannon and another girl share their first kiss after revealing they've never kissed anyone before.
Aja tries to make a deal with Tronos. She opens his cage as a gesture of good faith. She tells him she knows what her parents did to his planet and she apologizes. She tells him he can save a planet that needs help like his did. He asks her to tell him how.
Krel finishes his repairs as Tronos arrives. He powers the laser. Varvatos splits it as Krel turns it on. The laser hits and destroys both pieces. Tronos falls to the ground afterward. He tells Aja they betrayed him and will betray her too. Aja says they have to help him because he's in pain. Kubritz orders her soldiers to attack instead. Tronos takes a moment and escapes.
Everyone celebrates their safety.
Kubritz confronts them. She's not honoring her end of the deal. Krel saw that coming, so he rigged the laser to explode. Tronos then appears behind Kubritz. Her team fires on the aliens, but Steve comes through with his Vespa. The taco truck arrives shortly afterward. They pile in and race away. Kubritz pledges to get them later.
Toby edits his film together. Toby sees a spaceship in the footage.
Kubritz arrives at a destination. She looks around and finds some Omen blanks. The spaceship opens and Morando exits. He and Kubritz are working together.
- Tatiana Maslany as Aja Tarron
- Diego Luna as Krel Tarron
- Nick Offerman as Varvatos Vex
- Glenn Close as Mothership
- Alon Abutbul as General Morando
- Uzo Aduba as Colonel Kubritz
- Hayley Atwell as Zadra
- Nick Frost as Stuart
- Andrea Navedo as Ophelia Nuñez
- Laraine Newman as Miss Janeth/Nana
- Oscar Nuñez as Sergeant Costas
- Cole Sand as Eli Pepperjack
- Charlie Saxton as Toby Domzalski
- J.B. Smoove as Phil
- Fred Tatasciore as Señor Uhl
- Lauren Tom as Mary Wang
- Danny Trejo as Tronos
- Frank Welker as Luug
- Bebe Wood as Shannon Longhannon
- Steven Yeun as Steve Palchuk
- Morando finally arrives on Earth. It's also revealed in the end that Morando was the one who sent the asteroid to leave the Tarrons unaware of his arrival. He has also formed an alliance with Colonel Kubritz.
- Toby and Eli unintentionally capture a footage of Morando's ship in the horizon when the Tarrons destroyed the astroid, leaving them suspicious.
- Tronos officially reforms, but is ultimately captured by Kubritz once again.
- In this episode, Shannon is revealed to be within the LGBTQA+ spectrum.
- The song that plays during the laser assembly montage is "Beat Roadrunner" by Josh Powell and Mark Roberts.
- The famed stock sound effect The Wilhelm Scream can be heard when Toby accidentally hits an Area 49-B agent in the groin with a soda can.
- When the asteroid is headed for Earth, Sergeant Costas posits a plan to stop the asteroid by drilling in it and detonating a nuke inside it. This is the exact plot of the 1998 sci-fi disaster film Armageddon.