- “Nari: Since the beginning, the Order has always sought to protect the balance of magic and mortal, no matter the cost... but our actions only brought pain.
Merlin: I've spent a millennium keeping their horrors at bay. But it wasn't enough.
Nari: Bellroc and Skrael believe humanity is lost, beyond correction. Now, they wish to end it all. They search... for the Genesis Seals.”
- ―Nari and Merlin to the Guardians of Arcadia about the Arcane Order's genocidal ambitions[src]
They are a trio of primordial demigods who wished to maintain the balance between magic and mortals alike at first. In actuality, however, their actions cause nothing but agony to both humanity and magical beings. Eventually, the Order (minus Nari) lost faith in the balance and wished to consume the world with raw magic.
Since the beginning of time, the Arcane Order has been dedicated to protecting the balance between magic and mortals at all costs.
Over time, however, the Order's actions have only caused nothing pain and death. They eventually lost their faith in humanity and decided to end it all by unlocking the Genesis Seals, which contain raw magic that will consume the entire world, wiping out all of humanity like a flood. For a millennium, Merlin became their enemy as he kept their horrors at bay, entrusting Charlemagne to protect the Seals from the Order's hands.
The Order were the ones who revived Morgana after her death following her confrontation with King Arthur and made her their "champion" for their cause of restoring the balance that humans supposedly ruined, turning her into the Pale Lady. This way, they plot the events that lead to the Battle of Killahead with which they intervened to kill King Arthur. Bellroc grows impatient with the ongoing battle and, against Skrael's warning that they cannot intervene, they aid the Gumm-Gumms against Arthur's army. When Deya the Deliverer and her fellow trolls arrive to lock Gunmar away, Bellroc attacks the Trollhunter, believing her to be a "mundane creature staining magic" (even though Deya's a magical creature herself), but ends up getting themselves blinded by the Sword of Daylight.
In the aftermath of the battle, the Order is displeased that the good trolls and humans have triumphed over the Gumm-Gumms, as they were not expecting. One of the Order's members, Nari, begins to question all of their actions since she's the only one who actually never lost faith in life and humanity. She senses so much agony and strife from those who've lost their lives in the Battle of Killahead, making her believe that what they've done was not worth it. This is what made Nari realize that her fellow siblings care naught for the balance of mortals nor magics, only destruction. Thus, she flees from the Order and sought refuge at Camelot under Merlin's protection.
After Nari's defection and Morgana's imprisonment, Bellroc and Skrael later resurrected King Arthur as the Green Knight to be their new champion of darkness.
Nine hundred years later, Skrael, Bellroc, and the Green Knight attack Camelot in search to find Nari as they need her to break the Genesis Seals. Their attack ended with Douxie, Claire, Jim, and Steve traveling to the past and Camelot shot out of the air. After a confrontation with the Guardians of Arcadia, the Order captured a corrupted full-troll Jim in order to take the Amulet of Daylight and free Morgana from the Shadow Realm (to the latter's dismay), turning Jim into a brainwashed monster while trapping his human soul in the Shadow Realm.
They begin searching Merlin's hiding places around Arcadia in search of Nari and the Genesis Seals. They finally manage to follow Morgana to Hex Tech, where they confront and kidnap everyone present. Douxie and Krel manage to use the Genesis Seals to trick them into a time loop long enough to rescue everyone from their base. However, Skrael and Bellroc manage to escape with the Seals and are confronted by Douxie, who manages to confront them until their base crashed.
In the end, even though they now have the Seals within their possession, they still require Nari to unleash the raw magic and destroy all of humanity. Due to Merlin's demise at the hands of the Green Knight, Douxie becomes Nari's new protector and they flee from Arcadia together to hide from the Order.
Little do they know, Bellroc has found them hiding in New York City...
Rise of the Titans
- Bellroc, Keeper of the Flame
- Skrael of the North Wind
- Nari of the Eternal Forest (defected)
- Morgana, Mother of Monsters (formerly) †
- Merlin †
- Morgana †
- Guardians of Arcadia
- "Arcane" means to be mysterious and secretive, or something that is understood by few.
- According to Morgana in "Dragon's Den", all of the members of the Arcane Order are, in fact, demigods (most likely the minor physical gods type).
- Skrael and Bellroc are the foremost villains in the entire Tales of Arcadia franchise because they were the ones responsible for the series of events, as their desire to end all of existence would lead to many events in the trilogy:
- Their influence corrupted Morgana into unleashing the Eternal Night upon Earth, with Gunmar freeing her from her prison so she could do so. They revived her, turned her into the Eldritch Queen, and used her as their pawn so they could get what they want.
- They caused the death of King Arthur, revived him as well, and turned him into the Green Knight as another pawn of theirs.
- Morgana's Eternal Night attack, due to her corruption by Skrael and Bellroc, would give time for Zeron Alpha and the first Omen bot to help General Morando hack into the Mothership and try to steal the royal life cores.
- The video of the start of the Eternal Night that Colonel Kubritz showed Morando helped him on how he can enter Trollmarket without a horngazel so he can claim Gaylen's Core for himself.