- “My name is Aja Tarron of House Tarron, and I want to tell you a story. It's a good story. It is very lively, with lots of humors and excitements: It begins someplace very, very, very far from here, on an entirely different planet called Akiridion-5... my brother and I were forced to leave our home. We are not like you, but we are like you... and you welcomed us, and your world became our world. We made many, many friends. And together, we embarked on adventures we'll never forget.”
- ―Aja to the people of Arcadia Oaks[src]
Aja Tarron is one of the main stars in the Tales of Arcadia franchise, serving as the main protagonist of 3Below and a minor character in Part Three of Trollhunters (major in its upcoming film, Rise of the Titans).
She is the current warrior queen of Akiridion-5, a foreign exchange student of Arcadia Oaks High, best friends with Darci Scott and Mary Wang, the daughter of Fialkov and Coranda Tarron, the elder sister of Krel Tarron, and the current girlfriend of Steve Palchuk.
- Main article: Aja Tarron/History
In her alien form, Aja has blue skin, long electric-blue hair, blue eyes, black sclera, and has four arms. She also has a ridge on her forehead which marks her as queen-in-waiting, which she received at the end of "Terra Incognita Part Two".
She wears a black and blue jumpsuit with neon blue linings.
In her human form, Aja has long, platinum blonde hair (which she usually wears in a low bun with side braids) and pasty white skin with freckles over her nose.
Her outfit consists of a red checkered button-up shirt, jeans, and red sneakers.
Tired of growing up and being a mere princess, Aja felt like she didn't belong in the royal palace, so she snuck out of the house frequently to experience the lives of commoners. Even when it was her own (and Krel's) coronation day, she decided to run away again with Luug, not wanting to be queen-in-waiting either.
However, when General Morando led a coup to overthrow her and family, Aja immediately feels guilty and blames herself for putting her parents in stasis and her own planet in danger. Desperate to set things right, she decides to follow the path of a warrior so she can protect her family and take back Akiridion-5 from the evil, tyrannical hands of Morando, ignoring the fact that princesses aren't born to be warriors.
Aja seems to be more extroverted than her introverted younger brother, Krel, and has been described by her family as a "free-spirit", meaning she's very independent and uninhibited. She's amazed by Earth's customs and technology, and even longs for adventure and fighting on the battlefield as a warrior princess. She appears to be very skilled in terms of hacking into computer systems and seems to be a great dancer and singer as well, most notably shown when she and Krel participate in the Battle of the Bands.
In spite of her bubbly, adventurous, and competent persona in battle, Aja has shown overconfidence and recklessness in her abilities and even fears of getting herself hurt. She is also easily impatient and frustrated when things don't exactly go her way (she later openly admits that she's like this because she doesn't want to lose anyone close to her ever again, after what happened with her parents). She later comes in terms with the fact that, despite all the training in the world she could receive, she cannot prevent every tragedy, so she becomes more serious and responsible about her training, knowing that making mistakes and getting injured is inevitable, even for a warrior. She can be easily distressed and provoked into fighting when someone very close to her gets in harm's way.
In Part Two, Aja becomes more responsible and determined to protect Earth as she's come to accept it as hers and Krel's new home. After learning about her parents' dishonorable actions in the past, like what happened in Voltar, Aja decides to fix her parents' mistakes and be a better ruler. She (along with Krel) were even willing to sacrifice their royal life cores to prevent their parents from dying again. In the end, after the sacrifice of her parents, Aja finally accepts her status as a royal and decides to rule Akiridion-5.
Powers & Abilities
- Royal Akiridion Physiology: As a Royal Akiridion, Aja is much more stronger, faster, durable, agile, intelligent, and has better reflexes than an average human.
- Enhanced Strength: Aja is shown strong enough to hold a heavy moon rock with no strain (while Steve, a jock, showed visible strain). She was able to kick Steve several feet away with one kick, as well as climb a tree trunk and rope with incredible ease.
- Enhanced Endurance: Aja can endure more than an average teenager.
- Enhanced Durability: Aja is able to withstand many blows which would mortally wound an average human, as she has taken hits and blows from many alien bounty hunters.
- Enhanced Stamina: Aja can physically exert herself for long periods of time without tiring before fatigue begins to wear her down.
- Enhanced Agility: Aja is much more agile than most Akiridions. She was able to flip and leap over cars and walls without slowing down. In "Party Crashers", she hopped down off a tree while landing perfectly on her feet. She was also able to climb onto a god-induced Morando with little to no problem.
- Enhanced Leaping: Like Zadra, Aja is able to leap higher and further than an average human or Akiridion.
- Enhanced Speed: Aja is faster than an average human.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Aja is able to evade many attacks with ease, but often struggles due to her impatience.
- Hypermetabolism: As an energy-based being who doesn't require organic consumption, Aja was able to digest an entire Diablo Maximus burrito with no digestive problems (while Toby stated that it took him three years to build a tolerance for a single bite), as shown in "Terra Incognita Part Two".
- Extra Arms: As a Royal, Aja has four arms, which prove to be useful for multitasking and providing additional strength.
- Vacuum Adaption: As an Akiridion, Aja can adapt and survive in any atmospheric environment without any aid, but a planet's gravity does still affect her, as shown in "Moonlight Run".
- Oxygen Independence: Aja does not require oxygen to live.
- Longevity: As an Akiridion, Aja can most likely live for hundreds of years, but she is still vulnerable to death and can fall in battle.
- Hacking Intuition (limited): As shown in the episode "In Good Hands", Aja is able to hack into Arcadia's local power grid in mere moments. She appears to share this trait with her little brother, but hers is clearly more limited than his.
- Swordsmanship: Under the training of Varvatos and her own terms, Aja is a remarkable swordswoman and possesses great skills with a blade, possibly rivaling that of Jim Lake. She is shown to have great dexterity on her serrator and is able to hold her own against more experienced alien bounty hunters, even better than Krel.
- Marksmanship: Aja was also shown to have great aim with her serrator when in blaster mode, as she was able to destroy to Zeron Brotherhood ship's stabilizer with a single blast.
- Martial Artist: In comparison with her serrator skills, Aja is a highly skilled warrior and is fairly knowledgable with hand-to-hand combat. Even before training with Varvatos, she was able to stand her ground against Zeron Omega with little to no struggle. She even fought against and evaded Omen, despite the latter being an advanced robot. She is shown to even be able to hold off the god-induced Morando and blind one of his eyes with solely the use of her hoverboard and serrator.
- Adaptor: Like Krel and Varvatos, Aja was able to easily adapt with humans, but is constantly still confused by earth metaphors and culture.
- Leadership: Aja is shown to be a natural leader, much like her parents. However, she's not exactly a master tactician and mostly prefers to improvise throughout her battles.
- Vocalist: As shown in "Last Night on Earth", Aja is a decent singer while she participated in the Battle of the Bands with Krel.
- Physical Damage: Despite her enhanced durability, Aja could be forced to retreat into her royal core if she ever suffered too much physical damage.
- Impatience: Despite her excellent combat abilities, her impatience can let her enter combats without thorough tactical preparation, giving her opponent an upper hand, as seen in her solo attacks on Porgon and Tronos that almost ended up losing her own life in "D'aja Vu" and "Mother's Day", respectively.
- Serrator: One of Aja's most common weapons is an Akiridion serrator, an ionic energy-type weapon. It's able to form into a nearly impenetrable shield, a blaster or bazooka, a sword-like blade, and a two-pronged spear for combat. She received her serrator on her 10th birthday. In Part Two, Krel modifies and enhances her serrator so it can allow Aja to change between her Akiridion and human form at will, strengthen its blasters, etc.
- Hoverboard: Aja uses a hoverboard as her mode of transportation. It can form into a portable chip and can fit only two people, with Krel being her most common passenger.
- Main article: Aja Tarron/Relationships
- Main article: Aja Tarron/Quotes
|Trollhunters Part 3|
| "Night Patroll" |
| "Arcadia's Most Wanted"|
| "Bad Coffee"|
| "So I'm Dating a Sorceress"|
| "The Exorcism of Claire Nunez"|
| "Parental Guidance"|
| "The Oath"|
| "For the Glory of Merlin"|
| "In Good Hands"|
| "A House Divided"|
| "The Eternal Knight: Part 1"|
| "The Eternal Knight: Part 2"|
|3Below Part 1|
| "Terra Incognita Part One"|
| "Terra Incognita Part Two"|
| "Mind Over Matter"|
| "Beetle Mania"|
| "Collision Course"|
| "D'aja Vu"|
| "Flying the Coop"|
| "Party Crashers"|
| "Lightning in a Bottle"|
| "The Arcadian Job"|
| "Truth Be Told"|
| "Last Night on Earth"|
| "Bad Omen"|
|3Below Part 2|
| "Moving Day" |
| "Moonlight Run"|
| "Dogfight Days of Summer"|
| "Mother's Day"|
| "Ill Gotten Gains"|
| "There's Something About Gwen (of Gorbon)"|
| "Asteroid Rage"|
| "Luug's Day Out"|
| "The Fall of House Tarron"|
| "The Big Sleep"|
| "Race to Trollmarket"|
| "A Glorious End, Part One"|
| "A Glorious End, Part Two"|
|Wizards Part 1|
| "Spellbound" |
| "History in the Making" |
| "Witch Hunt" |
| "Lady of the Lake" |
| "Battle Royale" |
| "Killahead, Part One" |
| "Killahead, Part Two"|
| "Wizard Underground" |
| "Dragon's Den" |
| "Our Final Act" |
- Aja is the first (and only) female protagonist in one of the Tales of Arcadia installments (in this case, 3Below).
- Although Krel is almost just as important, Aja is (technically speaking) the true main protagonist of the second installment.
- Aja's voice actor, Tatiana Maslany, also voices Aja's mother, Queen Coranda.
- Also, like her mother, she speaks with a kind of Russian accent.
- She first appeared in the Trollhunters episode "In Good Hands", alongside her brother, Krel.
- As revealed in "Collision Course", Aja's bounty is higher than Krel's, most likely due to her status as a warrior princess and being the eldest.
- ↑ Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans’ Movie Scheduled for 2021. Variety (August 7th, 2020). Retrieved August 7th, 2020.